To kick off our series on Super Talent flash drives, we will first showcase what’s probably the most elegant and capable model. The aptly named Luxio.
Class with Style: Super Talent Luxio (@ )
First of all, Super Talent has been around for 20 years after it was birthed by the Silicon Valley boom. They’re specialized in memory technology and all their flash drives pride themselves on certain standards. Luxio memory sticks make no exception and this is what they are:
- Compatibility with USB 1.0 and 2.0.
- LED indicator for power and activity.
- Hot plug & play.
- Keychain hole.
- A data retention of more than 10 years.
- Lifetime warranty.
Then we have the specifics which mark Luxio’s individuality:
- The design of wood grain, silver or black.
- The capacities of 16, 32, 64 and 128GB.
- Support for password protection and ReadyBoost.
- Erases data after five failed password attempts.
- The economic size of 21 x 76.50 x 9.50 mm.
- A neat leather carrying case.
What makes Luxio flash drives really special though is the 256-bit advanced encryption standard (AES-256) and their fast transfer rate. Operating with a dual channel flash memory, the reading speed is 30MB/sec (200x) while the writing speed is 16MB/sec. Talk about swiftness!
So if you ask me, these memory sticks definitely have the makings of a super talent and justify their hint of luxury. Don’t you agree?
p.s.: I actually used to think that Luxio was the manufacturer and SuperTalent the specific brand product. But as you can see, it’s actually the other way around. So don’t feel bad if you made the same mistake…now you know better!
Search eBay for other items
Find more Super Talent flash drives:
Find other brands: